Baked sausages with lentils
Serves 4 | total time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 of your favourite sausages
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g tins Merchant Gourmet Puy lentils, drained
- 150ml white wine or chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2-3 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Heat the oil in a heavy-based casserole, then fry the sausages over a high heat for 5-6 minutes, turning, until browned. Transfer to a plate, leaving any fat in the pan.
- Add the onion, celery and carrot, and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the garlic; cook for 2 minutes. Add the lentils, wine or stock, bay leaf and rosemary, and cook for 2 minutes. Return the sausages to the pan, nestling them in among the lentils. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover with a lid and bake for 20 minutes, until the sausages are cooked. Stir through the parsley before serving.