Double ginger and white chocolate cheesecake
Serves 12 | prep 30 mins | total time
- 400g white chocolate, in pieces
- 6 balls stem ginger from a jar, drained
- 12 gingersnap biscuits, broken
- 75g butter, melted
- 2 x 300g tub light cream cheese
- 1 x 250g tub ricotta
- 150g caster sugar
- 1-2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- edible silver balls
Make a couple of days ahead; chill. Decorate before serving
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Line a 20cm springform cake tin with nonstick baking paper. Whiz the stem ginger in a food processor and tip into a large bowl. Whiz the gingersnaps to crumbs and mix in the melted butter. Tip into the tin and press down evenly to make the base; chill.
- Add the cream cheese, ricotta and sugar to the stem ginger and mix well.
- Pour about a quarter of the melted chocolate on to a baking sheet; chill until set. Pour the remaining chocolate into the cream cheese mixture and whisk to combine. Tip the mixture into the tin and tap on the work surface to make sure the mixture is smooth. Cover and chill overnight.
- Bring the set white chocolate to room temperature and make curls using a sharp knife. Remove the cheesecake from the tin and place on a serving plate. Scatter with the pomegranate seeds, silver balls and chocolate curls.