Thai turkey lettuce wraps
Serves 4 | total time
- ½ tbsp coconut oil or groundnut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 x 500g pack turkey thigh mince
- 1 x 31g pack coriander, chopped
- 1 lemongrass stalk, very finely chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (or plain flour, see Kitchen Secret)
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 tbsp gluten-free Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 2 little Gem lettuces
- ½ small red cabbage, shredded
- In a nonstick frying pan heat
the oil and sauté the onion with seasoning for 8-10 minutes until soft. Spread on a plate to cool.
- Preheat the grill to high. Put the mince in a large bowl; add the coriander, lemongrass, lime zest and onion; season and mix. Make a well in the centre, add the flour and egg yolk; mix well.
- With damp hands, divide into 24 balls. Put on a grill rack over a baking tray; grill for 5-6 minutes each side, until cooked through.
Tip If you are not following a gluten-free diet, you can use plain flour instead of coconut flour
- Mix the chilli sauce with the lime juice. Separate the lettuce leaves; top with the shredded cabbage. Drizzle over some chilli sauce; top with a meatball. Keep the rest of the sauce on the side for dipping. Serve with rice, if you wish.