Thai-style pork stir-fry
Serves 4 | prep 10 minutes | total time
- 1 x 800g pack British pork loin steaks by Sainsbury’s
- 1 tbsp ground nut oil
- 1 x 5cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 x 200g pack baby corn and mangetout
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- egg noodles cooked, to serve
- peanuts roughly chopped, to serve
- Slice the pork into bite size pieces. Heat the ground nut oil in a large wok and add the pork. Cook for 6-7 minutes, until just cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the ginger, garlic and chilli to the wok, and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the babycorn and mangetout, and red pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes, tossing with the ginger mixture until tender.
- Mix together the fish sauce, soy sauce and peanut butter. Stir into the vegetable mixture, then add the pork back to the pan and toss together until the pork is heated through.
- Serve on a bed of cooked egg noodles, along with a sprinkling of peanuts. You could serve with rice instead, if you like.