Sweet chilli burgers
Makes 4 | prep 5 minutes, plus 30 minutes chilling time | total time
- 1 x 500g pack beef mince
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 50g Blue Dragon Sweet Chilli Sauce, plus extra to serve
- 30g fine breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 baby gem lettuce leaves
- 1 ripe tomato, sliced
- 4 white burger buns, sliced in half
- 8 gherkins to serve
- Combine the mince, egg, sweet chilli sauce and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Divide equally in four and shape into burgers. Place on a plate, cover and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook the burgers for about 5 minutes on each side, until browned and the juices run clear when pierced with the tip of a knife.
- Serve in the burger buns with lettuce, tomato, onion, gherkins and extra sweet chilli sauce.