Steak with creamy cavolo nero and mushrooms
Serves 1 | total time
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 240g sirloin steak, trimmed of visible fat
- small knob of butter
- 50g cavolo nero, leaves only
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 3 chestnut mushrooms, finely sliced
- 60ml double cream
- 15g blue cheese (I like Roquefort)
- small handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan over a high heat. When blisteringly hot, carefully lay in the steak and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side (for medium-rare). When cooked to your liking, remove the steak to a plate to rest until you're ready to eat.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a second frying pan over a medium to high heat. When bubbling, add the cavolo nero and stir-fry for 1 minute or until it is just starting to wilt.
- Add the spring onions and mushrooms along with a little salt and pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour in about 3 tablespoons of water, which will steam up and evaporate. When the water has all but disappeared, pour in the double cream and bring up to the boil.
- Crumble in the blue cheese, reduce the heat to medium and stir until the cheese is fully incorporated into the sauce.
- Stir the parsley through the creamy mushroom sauce and serve with the steak.
The Body Coach Supermarket Dash