Roasted garlic raita
Serves 6 | prep 10 mins | total time
- 2 large garlic bulbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 x 500ml tub natural yogurt
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
Make up to a day ahead, cover with clingfilm and chill.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
- Slice the top off the garlic bulbs so that the tips of each clove are exposed. Put them on a large rectangle of foil.
- Combine the olive oil and paprika with a little salt and pour over the garlic. Scrunch the foil up around the bulbs to seal into a parcel. Put on a baking tray and bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on the size of your garlic bulbs) until the cloves have softened.
- When cool enough to handle, squeeze out the garlic purée, mash it with a fork and whisk it into the yogurt with the paprika oil in the foil parcel. Add the ground cumin and season to taste; serve with the biryani.