Prawn and coconut soup
Serves 2 | total time
- 2 tbsp laksa paste
- 1 lemongrass stalk, halved
- 300ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 fresh kaffir lime leaf (or 3 dried)
- 1 x 400ml tin lighter coconut milk
- 1-2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 x 225g bag raw prawns, defrosted
- 1 x pack ready prepared stir-fry veg (we used 240g Taste The Difference Tenderstem stir-fry pack)
- juice and zest of 1 lime, plus lime wedges to serve
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander, plus a few whole leaves
- Place a wok or large, deep frying pan over a medium heat, add the laksa paste and 2 tablespoons water and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Bash the lemongrass with a rolling pin to help release the flavours, then add to the pan along with the stock and lime leaf (or leaves) and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the coconut milk and with 1 tablespoon fish sauce to the pan and return to the boil. When boiling, add the prawns and stir-fry veg and simmer for about 5 minutes until tender and cooked through.
- Stir in the lime juice and zest and the chopped coriander; taste and add a little more fish sauce if needed. Remove from the heat and ladle into bowls, discarding the lemongrass and lime leaf. Sprinkle over the coriander leaves and serve with lime wedges on the side and rice to spoon in.