Serves 1 | prep 10 minutes | total time
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely diced
- 1/2 small courgette, finely diced
- 2 Warburtons giant crumpets, toasted
- 6 slices of tomato
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 slices of orange pepper
- 4 tbsp ready-grated mozzarella
- basil sprigs to garnish
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan and sauté the onion and courgette for 3-4 minutes until just tender.
- Top each toasted crumpet with 3 slices of tomato then pile the onion and courgette mixture on top. Top with the button mushrooms and pepper slices then scatter over the mozzarella.
- Grill the topped crumpets under a medium-hot grill for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Serve immediately garnished with basil sprigs.