Pineapple pork mince stir-fry
Serves 4 | total time 20 mins
- 1 x 200g pack pak choi
- 1 x 227g tin pineapple slices in juice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 x 500g pack pork mince
- 2½ tbsp five spice paste (from 100g jar)
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 5 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- juice of 1 lime
- a handful of coriander leaves
- cooked Thai or jasmine rice, to serve
- Separate the leaves from the stalks of the pak choi, then shred the stalks. Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice, and cut it into small chunks.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan until smoking hot. Add the pork mince and fry, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Add the five spice paste, the stalks of the pak choi and the pineapple; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the reserved pineapple juice and fish sauce; simmer for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the pak choi leaves, spring onions, lime juice and some seasoning. Finish with the coriander. Serve with Thai or jasmine rice.