Pea, ham and goats' cheese tortilla
Pea, ham and goats' cheese tortillaSubscribe to Sainsbury's magazine
This tasty tortilla is ready in 30 minutes. If you fancy making it veggie, swap the ham for a couple of roasted red peppers
- 400g salad potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 200g frozen peas
- 125g ham, chopped (we used wafer thin)
- 8 medium eggs
- 75g soft mild goats' cheese (or use feta)
- Cut the potatoes into slices about the thickness of a pound coin. Cook in boiling water for 10 minutes until tender, then drain and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a 20cm base nonstick frying pan. Add the leeks and some seasoning, plus 3 tablespoons of water. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring, until softened. Add the frozen peas and cook for 2 minutes so that they start to defrost. Tip into the pan of potatoes, then mix in the ham too. Preheat the grill to medium.
- Beat the eggs in a jug with seasoning. Heat the rest of the oil in the frying pan and swirl it around to coat the sides. Tip in the veg and ham mixture, then pour in the eggs and shake to level everything out.
- Cook over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes, occasionally pulling the edges towards the centre and shaking the pan to help the tortilla cook evenly. It should be golden underneath and mostly set. Crumble the cheese over the top and pop the pan under the grill for 2-3 minutes to cook the top (protect the handle from the heat). Don’t leave it for too long or it will go rubbery. Leave to rest for 10-15 minutes before serving with a green salad.
Tip Make it veggie
Swap the ham for a couple of roasted peppers from a jar.