Lemony broccoli and anchovy pasta
Serves 4 | total time 20 mins
- 2 x 335g heads broccoli, separated into florets
- 400g Taste the Difference trompetti pasta
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 50g tin anchovies in olive oil, drained and finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- a large pinch crushed chillies
- 50g Parmesan, finely grated
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus wedges
- Cook the broccoli in a large pan of boiling water for 4-5 minutes; drain, reserving 125ml cooking water. At the same time, cook the pasta according to the instructions and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a small frying pan. Add the anchovies, garlic and chillies and fry over a low heat for 3-4 minutes. Transfer this to a food processor with half the broccoli, half the Parmesan, the lemon zest and the reserved cooking water. Blitz to a chunky purée, add a little more cooking water or olive oil if it’s too thick. Return to the pan and mix with the remaining broccoli. Squeeze in the lemon juice to taste, then season.
- Add the sauce to the drained pasta and toss together. Serve in bowls with the remaining Parmesan to sprinkle over and lemon wedges on the side.
Tip Make this veggie - swap the anchovies for some crumbled Gorgonzola and a spoonful of crème fraîche.