Leek and goats’ cheese tart
Serves 4 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 500g trimmed leeks
- 25g butter
- 1 tbsp tarragon,chopped, plus extra to serve
- 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 150ml crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 120g French goats’ cheese log, sliced into half moons
- Cut the leeks into 2cm slices and cook in the butter in a wide, covered pan for 10 minutes until soft.
- Cook uncovered for 3 minutes or until the juices have evaporated, then mix in the tarragon and tip onto a plate to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 190C, fan 170C, gas 5. Unroll the puff pastry onto a baking tray and mark a border.
- Mix the crème fraîche with the mustard and spread inside the border. Top with the leeks and the sliced goats’ cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Scatter with extra tarragon to serve.