Harissa salmon with warm chickpea salad
Serves 4 | total time
- 4 skinless, boneless salmon fillets
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp harissa spice mix, plus extra to sprinkle
- 200g fat-free Greek-style yogurt
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 x 335g pack cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 x 100g pack baby leaf spinach
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
- Put the salmon on a large nonstick baking tray. Mix half the lemon zest and juice with the harissa spices and yogurt; season. Spread 1 tablespoon over each fillet; sprinkle with a little extra spice mix.
- Tip the chickpeas into a mixing bowl and add the oil, cumin seeds, red onion, cherry tomatoes and seasoning. Mix well then scatter around the salmon on the tray. Put in the preheated oven and roast for 10-12 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily.
- Remove from the oven and lift the salmon onto 4 warmed plates. Stir the spinach and the rest of the lemon zest and juice into the chickpeas; the spinach will start to wilt. Serve with the salmon, with the rest of the harissa yogurt on the side.