Greek-style chicken and olive stew
Our team of trained chefs and skilled food writers love cooking up everything from innovative seasonal recipes or clever shortcuts, to step-by-step guides and classic recipes for friends and readers alike.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g Charlotte potatoes, halved lengthways
- 8 small chicken thighs, skin-on, bone in
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into quarters
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 16 Taste the Difference Single Estate Greek Kalamata olives from a 300g jar
- 50g crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
Step by step
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan or casserole. Add the potatoes; cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, until golden. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon; set aside. Brown the chicken in the pan for 2-3 minutes each side; transfer to the plate.
- Add the peppers to the pan; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and paprika and cook for another minute. Stir in the tomatoes, oregano, olives and 150ml water and stir.
- Return the chicken and potatoes to the pan. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked. Sprinkle with the feta and parsley.