Greek meze pitta pockets
Serves 2 | total time 10 mins
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 4 tbsp Greek-style natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 pittas
- 75g iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 x 355g jar Odysea chickpeas in tomato sauce (or baked gigantes beans)
- 50g vegetarian feta, sliced thinly
- Make a tzatziki-style salad by combining the diced cucumber, yogurt, mint and a squeeze of lemon juice, seasoning to taste.
- Warm the pittas in the toaster, then cut each one in half to make 2 pockets. Pile in the shredded iceberg then spoon in the chickpeas in tomato sauce. Top with the feta and serve 2 pockets per person, with the tzatziki-style salad alongside.
We adore these richly flavoured chickpeas in tomato sauce; fabulous with feta cheese.