Gorgonzola and broccoli risotto
Photographed by Martin Poole
See more recipes
Nutritional information (per serving)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 50g walnut pieces, roughly chopped
- 300g risotto rice
- a glass of dry white wine (optional)
- 1-1.2 litres hot vegetable stock
- 1 x 200g pack purple sprouting broccoli
- ½ x 200g pack Gorgonzola piccante, crumbled
Step by step
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Gently cook the onion and celery for 10 minutes until soft. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Toast the walnuts in a dry frying pan; set aside.
- Add the rice to the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Increase the heat, pour in the wine, if using, and bubble until absorbed. Add a ladleful of stock and stir constantly until absorbed, then repeat until all the stock has been added – this will take 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim the broccoli of woody stalks and cook in boiling water until tender; drain well. When the rice is al dente, stir in 75g of the Gorgonzola. Season to taste, cover with a lid and leave for 2 minutes.
Serve with the broccoli and scatter over the rest of the cheese and the walnuts. TipIf you're not a fan of blue cheese, a combination of Parmesan and Taleggio works well, too.