Fragrant turkey larb
Serves 2 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 120g jasmine or basmati rice, rinsed
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 x 250g pack turkey breast mince (2% fat)
- 3cm root ginger, finely grated
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 200g beansprouts, rinsed
- 2-2½ tbsp Thai fish sauce
- ½ small red chilli, deseeded and diced (optional)
- ½ x 30gpack coriander, chopped
- 1 lime
- 1 Little Gem lettuce, leaves separated and washed
- Cook the rice according to pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, nonstick wok or frying pan over a high heat. Add the turkey mince and break it up into small clumps with the back of a wooden spoon. Fry for 3-4 minutes until lightly golden and almost fully cooked.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the ginger, spring onions, beansprouts, 2 tablespoons of fish sauce, the chilli and half the coriander and fry for a further 3-5 minutes until fragrant and the turkey is fully cooked and piping hot. Remove from the heat and mix in the zest and juice of half the lime, adding more fish sauce if needed. Cut the remaining lime half into wedges.
- Divide the rice between the lettuce leaf cups, top with the turkey mixture and serve sprinkled with the remaining coriander and the lime wedges for squeezing over.