Fragrant lemon chicken noodle broth
Serves 2 | total time
- 1 x 450ml pot fresh chicken stock
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast fillets, sliced
- pared zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 100g dried vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 x 80g pack watercress
- Pour the stock into a large pan and add 400ml water. Add the sliced chicken, the pared zest of the lemon and the ginger. Season; bring to a simmer and gently poach the chicken for 10-12 minutes until just cooked.
- Meanwhile put the noodles in a bowl and pour over a kettleful of boiling water. Stand for 3 minutes; drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Divide the noodles between two bowls. Add the juice of the lemon and the watercress to the soup and allow the leaves to wilt slightly, then ladle the soup over the noodles and serve.