Serves 4 | prep 45 mins | total time
- 1 litre good-quality fish or chicken stock
- 200g fresh peas
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 350g arborio risotto rice
- 75ml dry white wine
- 2 x 100g pots Taste the Difference white and brown crabmeat
- 25g butter
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 x 50g bag pea shoots
- a handful of edible flowers, such as borage flowers, to finish (optional)
Prepare up to the end of step 3 a few hours ahead; gently reheat before you add the wine and continue the recipe.
- Heat the stock in a medium pan to simmering point. Tip the peas into a pan of boiling water; boil for 1 minute and drain.
- Heat the oil in a large deep sauté pan. Add the chopped shallots and cook for 5 minutes over a low heat – you don't want them to colour, just soften.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the garlic and the rice; cook for a few minutes.
- Pour in the white wine, bubble it for 30 seconds, then add the hot stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly and only adding another ladleful of stock when the previous one has been absorbed by the rice. Don't drown the rice at any stage. The total cooking time will be 25-30 minutes, by which time the rice should be al dente and all the stock will have been absorbed.
- Stir in the crabmeat, peas, butter and lemon juice and season to taste. Serve in warm bowls, finish each one with a drizzle of olive oil, a garnish of pea shoots and a few edible flowers on each one, if you like.