Serves 4 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 x 206g pack cubetti di pancetta
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 x 390g cartons chopped tomatoes with basil and oregano
- pinch of caster sugar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- Heat half the oil in a deep-sided frying pan and cook the onion and pancetta in it for 8-10 minutes until the onion has softened, then add the garlic towards the end. Scoop everything out on to a plate and add the rest of the oil to the pan.
- When the oil is sizzling, add the chicken breasts, skin-side down, and cook for 6-7 minutes over a medium-high heat or until the skin is nicely golden, then turn and cook for 5 minutes on the other side.
- Return the onion and pancetta mixture to the pan. Pour in the chopped tomatoes, stir in the sugar and rosemary and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and leave the chicken to cook, uncovered, for a further 10 minutes.