Cheeseburger nacho bake
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 x 500g pack beef mince
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 beef stock cube
- 50g jalapenos (from a jar), drained
- 1 x 200g bag tortilla chips
- 4 burger-style cheese slices
Step by step
- Heat the oil over a low heat in a large pan. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, covered, until softened. Add the garlic and stir for a minute. Tip in the mince, turn up the heat to high and brown well until a dark-brown crust forms. This will give the meat its intense burger flavour.
- Tip in the tomatoes and crumble over the stock cube. Lightly season, stir and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Taste and add more seasoning, if necessary.
Add half the jalapenos and stir again. Tip most of the mince mixture into a baking dish. Preheat the grill to high.TipIf you want to make it veggie, you can replace the beef mince with Quorn.
- Top the meat in the baking dish with most of the tortilla chips, spooning the rest of the mince over and around the chips. Lay the cheese slices on top and put under the grill until the cheese is melted and the tortilla chips smell toasted. Scatter over the remaining jalapenos and serve with the extra tortilla chips for dipping.