Charred cauliflower and coconut curry
Recipe photograph by Dan Jones
See more recipes
Nutritional information (per serving)
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 small cauliflower (about 400g), broken into small florets
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
- 4 tbsp tikka curry paste, from a 290g jar
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
- 1 x 200g pack baby leaf spinach
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 4 mini naan breads
Step by step
- Heat a large deep frying pan, add the coconut and cook for about 1 minute until toasted. Remove to a plate. Return the pan to a high heat, add the butter and, when melted, add the cauliflower and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until charred in places. Tip the cauliflower onto a plate and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the oil, then the onion and sweet potatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the tikka curry paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring, before adding the coconut milk. Stir well and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Return the cauliflower to the pan, cook for a further 2-3 minutes until tender, then stir in the spinach, a handful at a time, until wilted.
- Spoon the curry into bowls, sprinkle over the toasted coconut and serve with the lime wedges and mini naan breads on the side, if you like.