Anjum Anand's Indian-style chicken burgers
Serves 4 | prep 15 mins | total time
- 3 British chicken fillets by Sainsbury's
- 1 The Spice Tailor Punjabi Tomato Curry
- 3 tbsp Greek style natural yogurt
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- ½ small green chilli, finely sliced
- 5-6 mint leaves
- a handful of chopped fresh coriander
- 4 burger or artisan buns
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ small red onion, finely sliced
- 4 Iceberg lettuce leaves
- Cut the chicken on the diagonal to make 3-4 even strips, place in a glass bowl and keep to one side.
- Tip out The Spice Tailor packet spices (leaving out the chilli), and pound to a fine powder using a pestle and mortar, add to the bowl along with both sauces, 1 tbs lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Mix well, cover with cling film and leave to marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Take out 30 minutes before cooking.
- Meanwhile, make your Indian-style mayonnaise. Stir together the yogurt, mayonnaise, remaining lemon juice, chilli and herbs. Season to taste.
- Place the chicken pieces on an oiled griddle pan over a medium heat and cook for 1-2 minutes each side, or until the meat is cooked through.
- Place a lettuce leaf on each bun base followed by a tomato slice. Arrange 2-3 pieces of chicken on top, followed by onion slices, and a good dollop of the mayonnaise. Top with the remaining bun and serve.