Chipolata and potato hash
Serves 4 | prep 15 minutes | total time
- 500g maris piper potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
- 6 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 x pack 12 Taste the Difference ultimate outdoor bred pork chipolatas, halved
- a large bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and finely chopped
- 4 medium free range eggs
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 5-7 minutes or until just cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil in an ovenproof 28cm frying pan. Add the onion and pepper and cook over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and ground black cracked pepper, remove from the frying pan and set aside on a plate.
- Drain the potatoes and dry on kitchen paper. Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan. Add the potatoes and cook on a medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden all over, turning occasionally. Remove from the frying pan and set aside on a plate.
Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Add the chipolatas to the frying pan and cook on a medium heat for 10-12 minutes, until golden all over.
- Mix the peppers, potatoes and parsley with the chipolatas. Make 4 small holes in the chipolata hash. Crack an egg into each hole. Place in the oven and bake for 7-10 minutes or until the eggs are set. Season with pepper and serve straight away.