Persian spiced lamb wraps
Serves 6 | prep 20 mins | total time
- 2 x 300g packs lamb neck fillets
- 6 flour tortilla wraps, lightly griddled
- 1 x 70g bag wild rocket
- 1 bunch of spring onions, white & green parts sliced thinly on the diagonal
- fresh pomegranate seeds, to sprinkle
For the marinade
- 1 rounded tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sumac
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 5 tbsp pomegranate molasses, plus extra to serve
- 3 tbsp clear honey
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed Maldon sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
For the spiced yogurt
- 250g Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp garlic-flavoured extra-virgin olive oil
Marinate the lamb the night before; cover and chill in the fridge
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Put the lamb neck fillets into shallow dish and pour the marinade on top. Rub the marinade evenly over each fillet until well coated. Cover and leave to marinade for at least an hour, or overnight.
- Light the barbecue.In a bowl, mix together the yogurt, ground coriander and fresh herbs and a little of the garlic oil to loosen the mixture, season and add more garlic oil to taste.
- Barbecue the marinated lamb fillets over medium high heat for 15-18 minutes, turning 3-4 times to ensure they are evenly cooked. Each side should be slightly charred because of the sweetness of the marinade. Transfer to a board, cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Once rested, thinly slice the lamb fillets and divide between the tortilla wraps. Generously drizzle with pomegranate molasses, then scatter with rocket leaves, spring onion and pomegranate seeds. Serve with the spiced yoghurt.