Spring onion and haddock chowder
Serves 4 | prep 5 minutes | total time
- 200g smoked haddock
- 400ml semi skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp Lurpak® Cooking Liquid
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 50g sweetcorn
- 1 spring onion, sliced, to garnish
- Place the fish into a small shallow frying pan. Add the milk and poach on a low heat for 5 minutes turning half way through the cooking time.
- In a deep saucepan add the Lurpak® Cooking Liquid to the pan. Add the diced potato and cook over a low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the spring onions and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the flour and stir well. Pour the cooking milk from the poached haddock slowly into the pan stirring all of the time.
- Add the vegetable stock and sweetcorn. Bring to the boil and remove the pan from the heat. Gently flake the poached haddock into the pan.
- Ladle the soup into 4 warm soup bowls and garnish with extra spring onions.