Serves 2 | prep 5 mins | total time
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 400ml tomato juice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp mirin or sherry
- 2 tsp liquid from a jar of sushi ginger
- 100ml vodka
- 2 sticks of celery, to serve (optional)
- 2 thin slices of sushi ginger, to serve (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker or a large lidded jar, use a spoon to mix together the wasabi paste and soy sauce until you have a thin paste. Add the tomato juice, lime juice, mirin, pickled ginger liquid, vodka and ice. Seal and give it a really good shake to mix together all the ingredients, then add a pinch of salt to taste and a good amount of black pepper.
- Shake again until well chilled, then pour into two highball glasses with the ice. Garnish both glasses with a piece of sushi ginger and a stick of celery, if you like.