Hazelnut brownie affogato
Serves 2 | prep 5 mins | total time
- 2 tbsp blanched hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 x Taste the Difference Belgian chocolate brownie
- 2 generous scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 shots espresso, or 50ml freshly made strong coffee
- Toast the hazelnuts in a dry frying pan over a low-medium heat for about 3-4 minutes until pale golden. Set aside to cool.
- Roughly chop the brownie into small pieces, then roughly chop the cooled, toasted nuts. Divide the brownie pieces and most of the nuts equally between 2 stemmed glasses.
- Add a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream to each glass, then pour a shot of freshly made espresso over the top of the ice cream. Scatter with the rest of the nuts and serve straight away.