Cinnamon lemon swirls
Makes 12 | prep 10 mins | total time
- 1 x 375g sheet Jus-rol puff pastry
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- 2 tbsp soft butter
- 7-8 tbsp icing sugar
- juice of ½ small lemon
Make a day ahead
- Preheat the oven to 200°C /fan 180C/Gas 6. Unroll the pastry on to the work surface, with a shorter side facing you. Mix the cinnamon and sugar; scatter evenly over the pastry.
- Starting with the end nearest you, tightly roll the pastry into the centre of the sheet. When you reach the centre, turn the sheet around and roll in the other end. Chill for 30 minutes. Melt the butter and leave to cool.
- Trim and slice the pastry roll into 12 – discard both the ends. Place the swirls on a baking sheet and brush with the melted butter.
- Bake the swirls for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, gradually add the icing sugar to the lemon juice, whisking in between each addition until you have a thickish, pourable white icing.
- Transfer the baked swirls to a cooling rack and place the baking tray underneath the rack. Leave to cool a little, then drizzle icing over each one. Eat warm or leave to cool completely.