Rocky road eggs
Makes 4 | prep 10 mins | total time
- 75g Belgian dark cooking chocolate (60% cocoa solids), broken up
- 40g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 15g shortbread fingers, roughly chopped
- 10g mini marshmallows
- 40g mini chocolate beans (from the cake decorating section)
These can be made 3-4 days ahead.
- Melt the chocolate, butter and syrup in a bowl over a pan of simmering water; stir at times.
- Divide the remaining ingredients between an 8-hollow egg mould (eggs measuring 6x4cm), pour in the chocolate mixture; level off the tops. Place in the fridge until set, then gently squeeze out of the moulds. Put a baking tray in the oven at 180°C, 160°C, gas 4 until hot, take out of the oven, then place two eggs, flat-side down, onto the hot tray for a second until the surface has melted slightly. Press the halves together; repeat.