Gold-dusted salted chocolate truffles
Makes 20-24 | prep 20 mins | total time
- 150ml double cream
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or golden syrup
- 150g cook's dark chocolate (about 50% cocoa solids), chopped
- 1 tbsp dark rum or brandy
- edible gold glitter spray
- pink Himalayan salt, or flaked sea salt
The truffles keep for 1 week in the fridge, or up to 1 month in the freezer (defrost and then coat with gold spray and salt).
- Put the cream and syrup in a saucepan, bring almost to the boil then remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate. Leave to melt for 4-5 minutes, then stir until smooth. Mix in the rum.
- Pour into a shallow container (such as a plastic box or shallow baking tin) and freeze for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Scoop out spoonfuls of the set truffle mixture and roll into balls, then put on a tray lined with baking paper and chill again until firm, either in the fridge or freezer.
- Spritz lightly with gold spray and add a few flakes of Himalayan pink salt or sea salt. Gift in a pretty bag or box.