Parsnip, blue cheese and pumpkin seed muffins
Makes 12 | prep 30 mins |
- 150g butter
- 2 medium parsnips
- 200g Shropshire blue cheese
- 284ml carton buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g polenta
- 4 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Melt 150g butter. Peel and coarsely grate 2 medium parsnips. Cut 200g Shropshire blue cheese into small cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 x 284ml carton buttermilk, 3 large eggs and the melted butter.
- Sift in 300g self-raising flour, 1 slightly rounded teaspoon baking powder, 100g polenta, the grated parsnip, most of the blue cheese and a pinch of salt. Mix and divide between 12 muffin cases in a tin.
- Sprinkle the top of each muffin with a few cubes of the remaining cheese and some pumpkin seeds and bake for 30 minutes or until risen and golden.