Makes 12 | prep 15 minutes | total time
- 350g 70% dark chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 200g unsalted butter
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 250g Billington's Unrefined Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 50g self-raising flour
- 100g Billington's Natural Glacé Cherries (optional)
Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas 5. Line a 20cm square tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Whisk the eggs until pale and fluffy. Add the sugar and whisk until thick and gently fold in the chocolate.
- Sift in the flour and fold in the mixture until smooth. Mix in the glacé cherries if using.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes, until you see a paperlike crust on the top. There should still be some movement in the centre of the tin.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Cut into squares to serve.