Puy lentils with steak and feta
Serves 4 | total time
- 575g rump or sirloin steak
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 x 400g tins Puy (or green) lentils, drained
- 1 x 28g pack flat-leaf parsley, leaves chopped
- 1 x 180g pack marinated artichokes, drained
- 1 x 100g bag young-leaf spinach
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- Rub the steak on both sides with half the olive oil; season. Heat a griddle pan until very hot, then cook the steak for 2-4 minutes on each side, or to your liking. Transfer to a plate and leave to rest.
- Remove the griddle pan from the heat, add the rest of the oil, the garlic and half of the chilli. Cook in the residual heat for 1 minute, stirring. Add the balsamic vinegar, stir, then pour this dressing into a jug.
- Tip the lentils into a large bowl with the parsley and artichokes. Pour over the dressing, add the juices from the rested steak and season to taste. Add the spinach leaves and toss together. Scatter over the crumbled feta.
Tip Make this veggie by swapping the steak for roasted aubergines, peppers and courgettes.
- Slice the steak into thin strips and serve with the lentil salad and the remaining chilli.