Caramelised red onion burgers and potato wedges
Makes 4 burgers | prep 20 minutes | total time
- 1 kg Maris Piper potatoes, halved and cut into wedges (skin on)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 x Taste the Difference Beef Steak & Caramelised Red Onion Burgers
- 4 burger buns, lightly toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 tbsp ketchup, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Put the potato wedges in a large roasting tray and drizzle over 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Turn to make sure the wedges are evenly coated. Season well and roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown and tender, turning once.
- About 15 minutes before the wedges are ready, heat the remaining olive oil in large nonstick frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook the burgers for 10-12 minutes on each side or until cooked through with no pink meat in the middle.
- Place the burgers in the toasted buns on top of the lettuce leaves and sliced tomatoes. Top with a dollop of mayonnaise or ketchup and serve with the potato wedges.
Tip For the adults, melt 25g Stilton on top of each burger in the final 2 minutes of cooking time, then top each burger with 2 rashers of cooked streaky bacon.