Tropical lime and coconut slice
These zesty and fresh slices are great for taking on a summer picnic.
Makes 20 pieces
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 100g butter, melted
- 7 limes
- 5 medium eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 350g caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- sifted icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Line a 3cm-deep 20 x 30cm tin with baking paper.
- Break the biscuits into a food processor and pulse to fine crumbs. Add the desiccated coconut and pulse again. Pour in the melted butter and the zest of 4 of the limes, then pulse until the mixture forms clumps.
- Press the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 10 minutes. Leave to cool completely.
- Lower the oven temperature to 160°C, fan 140°C, gas 3. Put the eggs and yolk, sugar and flour in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Juice all 7 of the limes until you have 200ml juice – gradually whisk this juice into the mixture until combined and smooth. Sieve the mixture on to the cold biscuit base.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until just cooked with a hint of wobble in the centre. Cool and chill until firm. Dust with icing sugar and cut into squares to serve.
Make up to a day ahead, store in an airtight container and keep in the fridge