Strawberries and cream no-bake cheesecake
- 3 leaves Dr Oetker fine-leaf gelatine
- 800g strawberries, hulled
- 6 tbsp icing sugar
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 x 200g pack ginger snaps
- 100g butter, melted
- 75g ready-chopped hazelnuts
- 2 x 300g packs full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 150ml double cream
- Soak the gelatine leaves in water for 10 minutes.
- Whiz 500g of the strawberries in a food processor with the icing sugar. Tip half the purée into a pan and bring to a simmer.
- Squeeze the excess liquid out of the gelatine leaves and stir them into the hot purée to dissolve. Cool until barely warm.
- In a pan, bring the caster sugar and 100ml water to a simmer, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Increase the heat and bubble for 5 minutes until syrupy; leave to cool.
- Whiz the ginger snaps to crumbs in a food processor, then mix in a bowl with the butter and hazelnuts.
- Press the mixture into the base of a 5cm-deep loose-bottomed 20 x 30cm tin.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese to soften. In a separate bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks, then fold it into the cream cheese with both strawberry purées and 2 tablespoons of the sugar syrup. Whisk to combine.
- Top the biscuit base evenly with the cream cheese mixture. Chill for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight.
- Slice the remaining strawberries, toss them in the remaining sugar syrup and spoon over the cheesecake.
Make the cheesecake up to 2 days ahead; chill. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before serving