Orange and passionfruit jellies
Use fresh orange and slightly wrinkled passionfruit, which are the ripest, for the best flavour.
- 6 leaves Dr Oetker platinum grade fine-leaf gelatine
- 800ml fresh orange juice (to squeeze your own, use 16 oranges)
- 6 passionfruit
- flavourless oil, for greasing
- sliced nectarines or peaches, to serve
- Soak the gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes, then squeeze out the excess water. Pour the orange juice through a sieve into a jug and heat 200ml in a pan until just simmering.
- Add the gelatine and take off the heat. Leave for 2 minutes to cool slightly, stirring gently until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Pour into the cold juice, stirring with a fork to break up the gelatine mixture. Chill for an hour, until the jelly is only lightly set.
- When the jelly is lightly set, whisk until smooth but still thick. Cut open the passionfruit, scrape out the flesh, seeds and juice into a bowl and break up with a fork.
- Stir into the jelly, then pour into six lightly oiled individual jelly moulds (about 175ml). Chill for at least 6 hours or overnight until set.
- Turn out on to small plates and serve with nectarine or peach slices.
Make up to 2 days ahead, cover with clingfilm and keep chilled