Nectarine pistachio tart
- 1 x 375g pack ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- a little flour, for rolling out
- a little oil, for greasing
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- 3-4 nectarines, stoned and sliced
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- caster sugar, for sprinkling
- 3 tbsp pistachios, chopped
- Greek yogurt, to serve
- For the mascarpone cream:
- 150g mascarpone
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- zest of 1 lime
- 50g ground almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Unroll the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut out a 24cm circle and transfer it to a large, lightly oiled baking sheet.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the mascarpone cream. Spread 2 tablespoons of the jam on to the pastry circle, leaving a 5cm border. Spoon the mascarpone cream on top.
- Arrange the nectarine slices on top of the filling and fold up the edges of the pastry circle around the fruit.
- Brush the pastry with the egg white and scatter the pastry edges and the top of the tart with caster sugar. Press 2 tablespoons of the chopped pistachios on to the edges of the pastry.
- Bake the tart for 30-35 minutes. Warm the remaining apricot jam in a small pan and brush it over the fruit. Scatter with the remaining pistachios. Serve cold with Greek yogurt.