Cheat's banana toffee ice cream
At last... The sun is shining and ice cream is the order of the day. Homemade ice cream is a wonderful thing but can be a time-consuming task. Want a quick fix? This recipe really is a doddle and we think it tastes pretty good, too.
What's your favourite ice-cream flavour? Tell us in the comments box below.
- 2 really ripe bananas, peeled
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 x 600ml carton double cream
- 1 x 310g bottle toffee fudge sauce
- Mash the bananas in a bowl with the lemon juice.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks, add 3 generous tablespoons of the toffee fudge sauce and whisk until soft peaks form again.
- Gently fold in the mashed banana. Add the remaining toffee fudge sauce and fold through the mixture a couple of times to give a marbled appearance.
- Spoon into a freezer-proof container and smooth the top. Cover and freeze until solid, ideally overnight.
- Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before serving.