Bonfire night chilli jacket potatoes
What better way to warm yourself up before heading out to celebrate bonfire night than with a simple chilli jacket potato? What do you like to eat on bonfire night? We'd love to hear your favourites!
JACKET POTATOES WITH CHEAT'S CHILLI
- 4 baking potatoes
- olive oil
- sea salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250g minced beef
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- a pinch of chilli powder
- 1 x 420g tin kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 knobs of butter
- guacamole, soured cream and chopped coriander, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas 5.
- Using a sharp knife, score a cross into the skin of each potato. Rub them with olive oil and sea salt to crisp the skin.
- Bake in the oven for about 1 hour or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, soften the chopped onion with a little oil in a frying pan, then add the beef.
- Once the mince is browned, stir in the cumin and a good pinch of chilli powder. Add the kidney beans and chopped tomatoes.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring now and then; season.
- Split open the cooked jacket potatoes and add a generous knob of butter and some seasoning.
- Spoon the chilli over the potatoes and top with guacamole, soured cream and chopped coriander.