Asian shredded turkey salad
As much as we love turkey sandwiches and a good curry, sometimes it's nice to do something a bit more adventurous with the Christmas leftovers. Inspired by the fresh shredded salads of Vietnam, this punchy lime, chilli and coriander-packed beauty will wake up your tastebuds while being kind to your waistline.
Do you have a favourite post-Christmas salad? Tell us about it in the comments box below.
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 limes
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1/2 small white cabbage
- 200g cooked turkey
- a small handful of coriander leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together the shallot, chilli, fish sauce, sugar and oil with the juice of 1 1/2 limes, a pinch of salt and a generous grind of pepper.
- With a flat-bladed peeler, peel the carrot into ribbons. Finely shred the cabbage and slice the turkey.
- Cut the remaining lime half into four wedges. Toss the salad with the dressing, scatter over the coriander leaves and serve with the lime wedges.
This is also delicious made with cooked chicken or prawns