7 of the best royal menus…
What better way to celebrate the Queen's 90th birthday than to eat? The Queen's known for her love of food so we've rounded up a list of hotels and restaurants that are serving up something special this weekend.
• Visit The Savoy for a Royal Afternoon Tea which features some of Her Majesty's favourite chocolate biscuit cake. Available until the end of June, £52.50 per person.
Royal Afternoon Tea at The Savoy
• Park Plaza Hotels are offering royal-themed special offers and limited-edition menus. Enjoy a Royale 26 cocktail at Westminster Bridge – a concoction of gin, grapefruit juice, pineapple juice, Earl Grey, lemon syrup and Champagne (mmm). The Plaza County Hall is serving a Right Royal Afternoon Tea with a regal touch, £19.95 per person.
• Intercontinental Park Lane Hotel's Royal Afternoon Tea includes a plate of mini desserts featuring 'The Queen's Hat' Tipsy cake, a vanilla sponge soaked in Pimms. Available until 30 June, £32 per person.
• Award-winning seafood restaurant One-o-One has created The King Crab Royale. It's presented in the shape of a crown and includes gold leaf and caviar in its list of fine ingredients (£21, available until 18 June). Sainsbury's magazine editor-in-chief, Helena Lang recently dined here and enjoyed the royal starter. Read her blog here.
The King Crab Royale at One-o-One
• Mayfair Chippy are running a special celebratory menu with grilled 'Queenie' scallops to start, a generous portion of fish and chips 'Queen of puddings' with summer berries and custard for dessert. Available until end of August, £30 per person.
• Veeraswamy is the oldest Indian restaurant in London. It reportedly opened on the same day Her Majesty was born 90 years ago. They're offfering a selection of 'Indian royal recipes' including Patala Shahi Raan, a dish from the renowned royal kitchen of Patala. Mains start at around £25.
• Buy one afternoon tea and get one free at the Millennium Hotel throughout the month of June. Go on, treat someone special (£29.95 for two).
• Throw your own royal tea party at home with our great recipes:
Goodness gracious giant cupcake