7 of the best royal menus…
by Sarah Alcock
What better way to celebrate the Queen's 90th birthday than to eat? The Queen's known for her love of food so we've rounded up a list of hotels and restaurants that are serving up something special this weekend.
• Visit The Savoy for a Royal Afternoon Tea which features some of Her Majesty's favourite chocolate biscuit cake. Available until the end of June, £52.50 per person.
Royal Afternoon Tea at The Savoy
• Park Plaza Hotels are offering royal-themed special offers and limited-edition menus. Enjoy a Royale 26 cocktail at Westminster Bridge – a concoction of gin, grapefruit juice, pineapple juice, Earl Grey, lemon syrup and Champagne (mmm). The Plaza County Hall is serving a Right Royal Afternoon Tea with a regal touch, £19.95 per person.
• Intercontinental Park Lane Hotel's Royal Afternoon Tea includes a plate of mini desserts featuring 'The Queen's Hat' Tipsy cake, a vanilla sponge soaked in Pimms. Available until 30 June, £32 per person.
• Award-winning seafood restaurant One-o-One has created The King Crab Royale. It's presented in the shape of a crown and includes gold leaf and caviar in its list of fine ingredients (£21, available until 18 June). Sainsbury's magazine editor-in-chief, Helena Lang recently dined here and enjoyed the royal starter. Read her blog here.
The King Crab Royale at One-o-One
• Mayfair Chippy are running a special celebratory menu with grilled 'Queenie' scallops to start, a generous portion of fish and chips 'Queen of puddings' with summer berries and custard for dessert. Available until end of August, £30 per person.
• Veeraswamy is the oldest Indian restaurant in London. It reportedly opened on the same day Her Majesty was born 90 years ago. They're offfering a selection of 'Indian royal recipes' including Patala Shahi Raan, a dish from the renowned royal kitchen of Patala. Mains start at around £25.
• Buy one afternoon tea and get one free at the Millennium Hotel throughout the month of June. Go on, treat someone special (£29.95 for two).
• Throw your own royal tea party at home with our great recipes:
Goodness gracious giant cupcake