Individual clementine & walnut tiramisu from California Walnuts
Serves 8 | prep 15 mins | total time
For the caramelised clementines
- 100 g caster sugar
- 6 clementines, peeled and each sliced into 3
- 25g walnuts
For the tiramisu
- 1 tbsp coffee granules
- 8 trifle sponges
- 200g mascarpone
- 200ml double cream
- 100g natural yogurt
- 100g caster sugar
- 75ml Marsala wine
- 100g walnuts, roughly chopped
- For the caramelised clementines, place the sugar and 150ml water in a medium saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes until pale caramel in colour. Remove from the heat and add 100ml boiling water. Place the clementine slices in a shallow bowl with the walnuts and pour over the caramel sauce; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the coffee in 200ml boiling water, allow to cool. Dip in the trifle sponges and place them in the base of 8 small tumbler glasses or dishes.
- Whisk the mascarpone, cream, yogurt and sugar in a large bowl until thickened and whisk in the Marsala wine. Then stir in the walnuts, spoon over the sponge bases and chill.
- Just before serving, spoon over the clementine slices and juices.
Tip Kitchen tip: Try using oranges instead of the clementines.