Butternut squash and goats' cheese crumble
Serves 4-6 | prep 10 minutes | total time
- 1kg butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and sliced into chunky wedges, approximately 1 inch thick
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp sage, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Lurpak® Cooking Liquid
- 150ml whipping cream
- 25 cooked chestnuts, chopped
For the crumble
- 125g sourdough
- 1 tbsp sage, chopped
- 20g Parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp Lurpak® Baking liquid
- 75g goats' cheese, diced
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7. Place the butternut squash wedges, garlic and sage in large ovenproof dish, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of Lurpak® Cooking Liquid and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- To make the crumble, blitz the sourdough in a food processer to make chunky breadcrumbs. Mix the breadcrumbs, sage, Parmesan and pine nuts in a bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of Lurpak® Cooking Liquid, season and mix well.
- Once the butternut squash has roasted, remove from the oven, pour over the whipping cream and sprinkle over the chestnuts. Evenly spoon the crumble topping over the butternut squash and dot with the goats' cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. The crumble topping should be golden brown and the goats' cheese melting.