Brussels sprouts with orange and almonds
Serves 12 | prep 20 mins | total time
- 100g blanched almonds (or use ready-toasted flaked almonds)
- 1.5kg Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- zest of 2 oranges, in fine strips
- 50g butter
Prepare up to the end of step 3 the day before; chill.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Scatter the almonds on a small baking tray and toast in the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden.
- Cook the sprouts in boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water (don't wash the pan). Halve or quarter the sprouts; set aside.
- Simmer the orange zest in a small pan of boiling water for 1 minute, then drain. Chop the almonds.
- Heat the butter in the pan you cooked the sprouts in and return the sprouts to it with the orange zest, half the almonds and some seasoning; toss together until hot. Tip into a warm serving dish; sprinkle with the remaining almonds.