Apricot and almond shake
Serves 2 | prep 5 mins | total time
- 1 x 411g tin apricots in juice
- 25g blanched or ground almonds
- 200ml almond milk
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 tbsp agave or clear honey
- 4 tsp milled flaxseed, optional
- freshly grated nutmeg
- a few drops of almond extract, optional
The shake can be made the night before and stored in the fridge.
- Tip the apricots and their juice into a blender (or use a large jug and a hand-held blender), add the almonds and blitz until smooth.
- Pour in the almond milk, add the ice cubes, agave, flaxseed (if using) and a grating of fresh nutmeg. Add a couple of drops of almond extract if you wish, but add it judiciously so that it doesn't overwhelm the fruit flavour. Blitz again and divide between 2 glasses to serve.