Clementine, cherry and feta salad
Serves 4 | total time
- 25g pumpkin seeds
- 40g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 4 clementines
- 100g fresh cherries
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head chicory, leaves halved lengthways
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- 125g Taste the Difference barrel-aged feta, sliced
Toast the seeds and nuts and make the dressing a few hours ahead.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds and macadamia nuts for 2-3 minutes in a dry frying pan, until they start to smell nutty.
- Cut the top and bottom off each clementine and remove the peel. Cut each one in half; slice into half moons. Score each cherry into quarters around the stone, then pull the flesh away from the stone (discard the stones).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, honey, olive oil and some seasoning. Toss the chicory and salad leaves in the dressing, then divide these between 4 plates.
Tip If you can't find cherries, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds instead.
- Scatter the clementines, cherries, pumpkin seeds and macadamias over each salad, then scatter over the sliced feta just before serving.
A refreshing mix of sweet fruit, salty feta and crunchy seeds.