Asian crayfish lettuce cups
- 4 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 under-ripe mango, peeled
- 1 under-ripe papaya, peeled
- 200g beansprouts
- 1 x 31g pack coriander, stalks only, finely chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 2 x 120g packs crayfish tails
- 4 Little Gem lettuces, leaves separated
- 25g roasted cashew nuts, chopped
- 1 lime, quartered, to serve
For the dressing
- 1 x 31g pack coriander, leaves only
- juice of 4 limes
- ½-1 bird eye chilli, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tsp grated root ginger
- 50g palm sugar, crushed
Step by step
- To make the dressing, chop most of the coriander leaves, then put them in a jam jar with the rest of the dressing ingredients and a generous pinch of salt; shake vigorously.
- Use a spiralizer or a flat-bladed peeler to turn the carrots, mango and papaya into noodles or ribbons. Place in a mixing bowl and fold in the beansprouts, chopped herbs and crayfish tails.
- Combine the salad and the dressing, toss together, then divide the mix between the Little Gem leaves (or, if you prefer, shred the lettuce and toss everything together in a bowl). Sprinkle with the reserved coriander leaves and the chopped nuts. Serve with lime quarters.